Friday, May 27, 2011

.... I am thinking about knitting

Knitting has been on my mind since I know I will be 'retired' soon from work. Taking a hiatus from working for the summer since it is too hot for me to work outside or roam around outdoors. This Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) thing is killing my groove on wanting to do things during warmer weather. Although it is 66 degrees here in Nashville at the end of May. Weird weather and spring!
I am going to enjoy these last 4 days of work at Moore and Moore Garden Center (yes, working the long weekend) then onto the next chapter of doggies annoying me. Hopefully I can annoy them back since I will not be able to take them to the dog park too often this summer.

Ok back to the knitting since that is where we started. Two new clues came out today for two Mystery Knit A Longs (KALs). The last clue came out for Mystery Medallion Shawl by Jen Hansen and I cannot wait to finish this shawl and knit it again. Pictures will come soon. Next is the Summer Mystery Shawlette by Wendy Johnson which this clue is longer and second to last clue. This is my first bottom-up shawl and I think I like is construction. I will be casting on her Japanese Garden Shawl soon since I have no other projects lined up for anyone.

Spinning is going great. I am currently drop spindling some Peruvian Wool Roving in the Sangria Colorway from AlohaBlu. It is spinning pretty thin but I am still a bit uneven since this is my second time spinning. I am proud of myself for getting thin singles, curious to see how it comes out plied.
Above is my first handspun yarn from wool samples at my LYS (Local Yarn Shop) and I got about 60 yards.

It's been fun but I have to head to work. Will see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

sailor.mercury2001@gmail.com