Sunday, June 19, 2011

... I enjoyed seeing family.

My hubby's aunt stopped by to see us with her family yesterday. We enjoyed seeing them and their son Teddy. Boy he has gotten big from the last time I saw him which was about 3-4 years ago. It is interesting to have an image of someone from years back and be suprised when they have grown up and changed. I think next year he will be taller than me and he is only 8 years old. Sorry no pictures to share but I hope his mom sends me the ones she took.
The whole time Teddy was at the house he was enjoying the XBOX Kinect. He first played some Kinect Adventures, which has games to navigate rapids, dodge obstacles, plug up leaks in a tank. He enjoyed that with the hubby and then asked if we have dancing games. Which in fact we do, the Dance Central is a fun game since you have to dance simultaneously with the dancer on tv. He loved this game so much and played this for the 1.5 hours they were here. It was fun watching him do the complicated dance moves and he would complete about 20% of the moves on his first try without rehearsing the moves. I was totally amazed. It was so much fun to see them and I wish they could of stayed longer but when you are away from your routine for 11 days, I think you are ready to get back in your own bed.

Today I had so much fun talking to my sis via Skype. I love this technology since I get to see her beautiful face and hear her laughter. Plus a bonus to see my Papa playing his guitar and Dash (their dog) hide under the chair. We talked for 1 hour and 45 minutes. So much fun and so much to talk about, who knew we had so much to babble about. Here are some pics she snapped of me while we were having fun talking.
Gadget giving me his 'I am not guilty' look

Gadget's booty shot

Gizmo's booty shot

me being weird
As you can tell the doggies were totally involved in our conversation.

Then later on my sis sent some pictures of my papa's condo in the Philippines. Here are some photos to enjoy:
Kitchen

View from the condo
Papa thinks me and the hubbie should go to the Philippines and stay at the condo. I do not think he realizes that the hubbie would be the tallest whitest person in Cebu and that the 12 hour flight there might not work for my PH. I would love to go but with this disease, I am not too sure about it and with the air quality there also would not help my situation. I think I need to go there when I am off the IV meds and can get into the water and enjoy the beaches and ocean. Why go to the Philippines if I cannot enjoy the water??? The food is a great excuse but I cannot even eat a quarter of the food there with my low sodium restriction. Ugh but maybe in the future.

Knitting is still going slow with the 4 different projects going on.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, it rained here alot which we needed, and have a great week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sailor.mercury2001@gmail.com