Thursday, June 30, 2011

... I love shopping for yarn at my LYS!

I has so much fun yarn shopping today with a friend from church. Haus of Yarn has a Grand Re-Opening sale today and it was a blast. They had munchies and tons of beautiful yarn. I would like to think I did not do too much of a damage but I did spend! It is fun to spend on yourself! 

I got three yarns and two are for projects. The Malabrigo Lace in the Sauterne colorway is for the Omelet shawl. I wish this shawl had a better name for such a beautiful pattern.

Malabrigo Lace - Sauterne
The second yarn is Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima in the Magenta Colorway for the Tappan Zee Cardigan. My friend, that I went shopping with, made this cardigan and I love it so I wanted to make my own. I hope I can get through a cardigan sized project.

Cascade Ultra Pima - Magenta
The last yarn is made locally by Chrysalis Fibers aka Chris Lannan. I found out from my LYS that she does knitting nights there every so often. I might try to go to meet her because I love her colors and love to support local indie dyers if I can. The color caught my eye and had to compete with a red and black colorway for my attention but you know which one I went with. My favorite colors of blue and purple in the Miracle Max colorway for her Super Sock Yarn. I do not know what this will become but I look forward to making a beautiful shawl.
So that is all the yarnie goodness I got today! Aren't they beautiful, could you pass them up?
After shopping I joined my friend with her son and hubbie for lunch of yummie mexican food. By that time I was so tired but was so excited to put up my yarn on my Ravelry stash. But I got home and ended up going straight upstairs to bed and reading a knitting book for a while then falling asleep for about 2 hours. It felt so good to get nap attacked after a fun morning for shopping with a great friend.

I hope all of you had a great Thursday also and I look forward to having the hubbie home for three days this long weekend. Much love and take care, till next time.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see that plum cardigan! Happy Birthday week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great fun! Will have to start saving for their next sale.

    ReplyDelete

sailor.mercury2001@gmail.com