Tuesday, September 26, 2017

But I am knitting!

Boy it’s been a long time since I’ve really knitted and on top of that, I finished a project! Who knew?


As I look at this delicate scarf, I reflect on how this finished product came about. First off I know I picked up my knitting needles because I was going to have a right heart catherization (rhc) to check the pulmonary pressures due to my pulmonary hypertension. I need to keep my self occupied in the waiting room and post op prep room, I wanted the comfort of my knitting needles to get my mind off the unknown future. And it worked, results were excellent and improved from the previous spring rhc and a lot of tension in my shoulder and mind were relieved.
Secondly I look at this bright yellow color and think of my mother, who has since passed away two years ago. Can you guess her favorite color? Yep a nice bright yellow like her smile and laughter that I miss so much. Her birthday was in the middle of this project and the emotions were flowing through my needles to make this beautiful knit wear.
Lastly I knew I wanted this scarf to go to someone very special but I had no peticular person in mind then I remembered that my ph support group is having a PHun Walk on September 30th. So I have decided to put this scarf and other items donated by many people up for raffle at the walk.

PS Just finshed the orange cowl today, bonus is that gizmo is a fashion model for it



No comments:

Post a Comment

sailor.mercury2001@gmail.com