Wednesday, June 22, 2011

... I hate staying at home because I have to.

My vehicle broke down on Monday and now I have to stay home because I have nothing to drive. Monday was so hectic because of this stupid vehicle. I was driving along and all of a sudden there is no more acceleration because the engine cut off in the middle of the road. Luckily I was not going fast and it was on a side road. But I was stuck on the lane and could not get the vehicle to restart. I count my blessings that a gentleman stopped to help push the vehicle to the side of the road and luckily two other gentlemen stopped to help him. I know I could not help push since it was hot and it would have been too much for me to do. So finally I am on the side of the road and a friend from church rescued me from the heat (I called her first thing since I knew she lived near by) and I started calling for a tow truck to rescue my vehicle. The wait for the tower was 90 minutes and my friend decided we should wait at her house (in the AC) until they called me. So finally the tower came and took the vehicle to the car shop nearby and this is around 5:30 pm. I know the shop would not be able to get to the vehicle until the next day.

I have been home since yesterday and waited all day for the shop to call. I called them around 4:30 pm yesterday and they informed me that they have not had a chance to look at it and the guy that does the diagnostics is off tomorrow. The guy that I was talking with at the time told be he tried to start the vehicle and it started then died. I informed him that is my problem and I cannot drive it. He has the nerve to ask me if I want to leave it there until Thursday since that is the earliest that the guy can look at. Really?? It does not start nor do I have any use for it at the house if it does not start???? What other choice do I have but to leave it there for you to let it take up space at your shop? So I am stuck at home for all today and all tomorrow since I still don't know what is wrong with it and they have yet to diagnosis it. Ugh I just hope it does not cost too much to repair or it is being sold as scrap metal and we are fixing my car (it is also broken and sitting at the house for a year). Car are like men, can't live without them but they are useful (sometimes).

So to say the least I am getting alot of knitting done the next couple of days if only I can stay focused. When I HAVE to knit to take up time I do not WANT to knit. Major problem for the next couple of days. The hubby did get me to work for him today which took some of my time.

I hope you are having a better week than me! Sorry about the rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sailor.mercury2001@gmail.com